Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Not for Everybody

Lucky for me neither of my kids have any allergies.  If I let them DaKids would live on peanut butter sandwiches with the occasional side of shrimp.  However DaGoof and I need something a little more substantial than that.

One of the things that has become a favorite in the house is Peanut Butter Noodles.  There is a great recipe for a peanut sauce as part of this recipe.  I typically make this with what we have on hand.  Tonight we had the sauce with thin spaghetti, shrimp, onions, carrots and thinly sliced cabbage.  I sauteed the shrimp and onions while the noodles cooked.  When the noodles were almost done I poured the sauce into the hot pan with the shrimp and onions and whisked it all together.  Then I tossed the noodles with the shrimp mixture, the shredded carrots and thinly sliced cabbage. 

The kids cannot turn down anything slathered in peanut butter, so everything including the raw cabbage was eaten without a fight.

Sometimes I use chicken, and I am betting that pork would also be really good in the sauce.  I also think that next time I might toss in strips of peppers.     

1 comment:

  1. Ooh - sounds good! I tried making a peanut sauce to go with noodles one time. I loved it. The PB&J-loving kids refused to eat it!!
    I have a recipe somewhere for peanut chicken that I haven't made in years - must go see if I have all the sauce ingredients on hand - that would make for a good dinner tomorrow. If the kids won't eat it, that just means I'll have lunch to take to work for the next couple of days :-)

    ReplyDelete