Saturday, February 20, 2010

Weekend Pancakes


Every weekend seems to bring at least one lazy morning when we make breakfast and eat together. For the last several months the typical request is for pancakes and sausage. I follow a very simple recipe in my Fanny Farmer cookbook.

I like this recipe because it is simple and quick to put together, and it takes additions well. I typically add cinnamon and fruit. Sometime apples or bananas but the favorite addition is blueberries. The little frozen wild blueberries.

Maple syrup is the best thing to top pancakes with, but DaKids just gobble up blueberry sauce. I make a very yummy blueberry sauce while the pancakes are cooking. I put about two cups of blueberries in a small sauce pan, add a sprinkle or two of cinnamon and a few tablespoons of maple syrup. I let it warm up over low heat, by the time all the pancakes are cooked, we have warm fresh sauce. What could be better?

No comments:

Post a Comment