Monday, April 5, 2010

Easter Baking

This weekend was Easter and we had dinner at my parent's house.  Which means that I just had to bring something to share.  When I asked what I could bring my mom requested a desert and bread.

For desert I made bunny and butterfly shaped sugar cookies with the little man.  I followed the recipe, I found at the King Arthur website, exactly for turning the dough into the perfect dough for rollout cookies except that I added cinnamon to the flour mixture.  I also made a simple icing with water, powdered sugar and a bit of vanilla to decorate the cookies.

For the bread I pulled a recipe for challah bread out of the book Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day.  The two loaves I brought to share were wolfed down.  Everybody said they loved the bread.  My favorite part, there is enough dough to make two more loaves in the refrigerator.  French toast this weekend??  I sure hope so!  

No comments:

Post a Comment