Monday, March 29, 2010

Chili


Chili is one of my favorite meals to make.  Several years ago I used to pull out a recipe for a No Chop Chili.  As time progressed and I became more comfortable in the kitchen I looked at the recipe less and less.  Now I can honestly say I have no idea where that recipe got to, but I do know that chili is a favorite around here.   I like it because I can use what I have on hand and have dinner on the table in a jiffy.  

This pot of chili was made with ground turkey, two kinds of beans, salsa, diced tomatoes, onions, corn, chili powder and oregano.  I use a fresh onion everything else comes out of a can or from the freezer, so I always have the ingredients on hand.  We topped our bowls with a little bit of cheddar and a side of tortilla chips.

Leftovers are great either on top of a burger or mixed with macaroni and cheese sauce.   


No comments:

Post a Comment