Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Burning Down the House

Last night was a complete disaster.

I put the rolls in the oven to bake, and started to herd the kittens outside to the backyard.  I had every intention of coming back in the house in a few minutes to check on the rolls.  It took a little more coaxing than usual to get the kids in the back yard.  Then they requested a trip to the garden to pick some strawberries for a snack.  When we were done picking strawberries I started to plant the flowers that were waiting patiently.  I suddenly remembered sometime much later that the rolls were still baking.  I exceeded the 12-15 minute bake time by about 45 minutes. 

Lucky for us our favorite Mexican restaurant is a short walk away and they weren't burning anything.

3 comments:

  1. I used to have one of those kitchen timers that you can hang around your neck. The battery died some time ago - I really should get a new one as the timer was useful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That could be a very useful gadget. I amy have to look for one of those...

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Smoke 'em if you've got 'em." :-D

    ReplyDelete